How To Workshop Series - Workshop #4
HOW TO WORKSHOP 4 (2020)
Workshop leader: Lina Mantikou (Architect, PhD candidate, Department of Architecture, National Technical University of Athens)
Curators: Sotirios Bahtsetzis, Lydia Chatziiakovou, Christos Savvidis (ArtBOX.gr)
The workshop is based on the "Transformations of the intermedium" workshop, which took place in the context of the postgraduate program "Post-Industrial Design" of the School of Architecture of the University of Thessaly, Greece, two weeks before the country's lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
practical info - applications
The workshop takes place in 2 cycles:
Cycle 1: 2-12 June 2020
(applications until 31 May)
Cycle 2: 16-26 June 2020
(applications until 12 June)
- The workshop is free and open to anyone -from anywhere, of any age, background, profession.
- Participants can apply to one or both cycles.
- Participation in the second cycle does not require participation in the first cycle as well.
- In case there is a large number of applications, the workshop leader and curators will make a selection.
- Each cycle includes 7 meetings
(2-3 hours each, afternoons).
Meeting place: zoom
(accessible with free or no subscription)
- Familiarity with basic camera use
(or the use of a smart phone camera).
- Free version of premier or iMovie or other video editing programme (basic tutorial will be provided).
- Free version of zoom (no subscription requred).
31 May for Cycle 1 or Cycles 1 & 2.
12 June for Cycle 2 only.
use of the material
During the workshop, zoom meetings are recorded. These recordings, as well as the material produced and submitted by participants during the workshop (images, videos, texts, sounds etc. - as they are or edited) may be used towards purposes of communication, research, as well as in the final outputs of Common Lab - manual, short film or other. In no case will the material be used for profit and without mention of the workshop and those involved.
By taking part in the workshop, participants grant the right of use of their material according to the terms hereby described.